10 day itinerary

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum 10 day itinerary

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    KAYE G.

My friend and I are coming to Quito on June 25th to begin 10 days to scout out Ecuador as a place to live. We aren’t ready to make the move yet but we would like to get the feel of beaches versus mountains and big city versus village. Jeff doesn’t mind driving but we are open to suggestions. I’ve looked at the sample itineraries and none are exactly what we want.

We like to hang out in local places and talk to people so that we can experience the local culture. I was thinking that we need the full day Friday in Quito and that we could spend part or all of day there on the way out that Sunday that we depart at about midnight. We would like to see Cuenca and the southern beach area. I assume it would be too crazy to go north as well but if you have other ideas, we are open! Thanks in advance for any help.Kaye

Since you want to hang out and talk with locals I assume you two speak Spanish? Quito will give you “big city” exposure. You also mentioned villages, so perhaps you would want to see Cotacachi while you’re in northern Ecuador. With only ten days you should fly to Cuenca since driving there, while a beautiful trip. will take up an entire day. You face a similar choice going from there to the coast–a van ride to Guayaquil takes four hours and a flight 45 minutes. Good luck with your journey!

MICHAEL R.

Hello Kaye

I would suggest spending 5 days in the mountain cities and villages like Cotacachi, Cuenca and Loja (you will love Loja).
    Then go to Manta on the coast and travel south to Salinas. If you still have time, you can try going to Guayaquil.

Good Luck and Have A Fun Trip,
    Mike Ryan
    San Diego, Calif.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Arrive Quito and fly directly to Cuenca, spend 3 nights there, then take a bus to Guayaquil and on to Salinas, spend 2 nights there, then go by bus to Montanita and Olon and spend one night, then on to Manta and spend 2 nights there, then fly to Quito and spend time there. If you have an extra day/night, you could come up to Otavalo/Cotacachi.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.