180 day Visa expiry & residency

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum 180 day Visa expiry & residency

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

We have submitted all of our paperwork for acquiring our residency and are just awaiting an email from the local office in Cuenca for us to come pick up the visa and take the next step for the cedula. The question is: do we need to extend our 180 day tourism visa which expires this April 8th if we have not received our official residency from the office before April 8th?

When my family went through the process two years ago, we were told by the immigration department that as long as our residency paperwork was submitted we did not need to extend our visa. Our 12-9 visas did expire while we waited for our permanent visas to come through and we never encountered any problems. However, because rules tend to change from time to time I would recommend consulting a lawyer or the immigration office to be certain this is still the case.

ERIC GORDON RODGERS
    Participant

I am in the process of lsting my home for sale and then wish to go to the Ecuador Consulate in Miami to apply for an extended visa.

Do you have a list of all the documents I need to take with me to the Consulate to apply for the extended visa that permits me to apply for the pensioner visa – I cannot seem to get through to the Consulate in Miami.

E Gordon Rodgers
    egrodgers1@gmail.com

ERIC GORDON RODGERS
    Participant

Sorry if I bothered anyone, I found the visa info under recent articles – thank you

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

No worries. Sometime it takes a while to find all the info here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.