$25,000 investment

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum $25,000 investment

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    GRETCHEN SOLDAT
    Participant

I listened to the interview with Santiago, the attorney, and just wanted to clarify the residency requirement of the $25,000 investment. Is that for a married couple, or is it $25,000 per person?
    Thank you!

Hey, Gretchen. It’s $25,000 for the primary resident and an additional $500 for each dependent.

Benjamin Joyce
    Participant

So if you invest US$ 25,000 you become a permanent resident? Does this have to be in a business? Or can it be in real estate?

Either in real estate or an Ecuadorian CD. Of course there are some other criteria like criminal reports, marriage license (if applicable), but, yes, the $25K investment is the primary vehicle for this particular type of visa.

Bill Howes

Hi
    I’ve just ‘picked up’ on this $25,000. requirement. Is this a necessary investment to obtain residency in Ecuador.? I’ve been under the impression that all one had to do was prove an income of $1200 per month (i.e. Canadian pension) ???
    Bill H.

Hi Bill,

There are different types of visas and the requirements for each are different. If you are getting a pensioner’s visa, then no you don’t need to invest an additional $25,000. But for those who don’t have a steady monthly income the investor’s visa is one of the easiest to obtain and this requires a $25,000 investment in vehicles like a bank CD or real estate.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.