Affordable Golf

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Affordable Golf

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JOHN WALKER
    Participant

Does anyone have a catalog of the relevant details of all the golf courses in Ecuador.

My experience is that the resort courses are priced way high which would not permit the habit of playing several days a week. (I know that by analogy, in Kauai, for instance, the resort courses are similarly pricey but they have separate special rates for local residents that are very affordable.) My limited research to date indicates that there are several course that do some form of memberships but many seem to cater very much to the more wealthy indigenous Ecuadorians, but I may be wrong.

Maybe we can crowd source the existing ex-pats to create such a catalog with local/inside knowledge of the best strategies for each getting good, affordable value at each course?

Best Regards,

John Walker

Cuenca has one 9 hole private course not open to locals without an invitation by a member. It’s my understanding the initial membership is $8K & monthly dues are $100+.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

There are a couple of golf courses you might want to check out, one just outside of Guayaquil (on the way to Salinas). I think it is called La Costa and a new one being built at Manta in a project called Montecristi. I’ve heard rumors of a big marina/golf course to be built somewhere farther north on the coast near Pedernales…

I’m not a golfer, but here’s what I found on the internet about golf courses in Ecuador. It looks like there are some decent courses, but you’ll probably need to contact them to find what they charge.

“The Quito Tennis and Golf Club is near the city of Quito which makes it quite accessible, while the Los Arrayanes Country Club provides a somewhat exclusive club. Other clubs worth considering are the Guayaquil Country Club, La Costa Country Club, the Cuenca Tennis and Golf Club, the Los Chillos Club and the Casablanca Club.”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.