After 4 years of wanting to come to Ecuador, i am ready to move to there!

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum After 4 years of wanting to come to Ecuador, i am ready to move to there!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    KEVIN IMUS
    Participant

How do I start the process of coming to Ecuador with my 2 dogs? I will have income from S.S. OF around 1200 dollars, I hope to find a way to make 500.00 or more a month. Do you think this will be enough to live in Cuenca? Will it be difficult to find a place to rent with the dogs? I have been reading a lot about coming to Ecuador, but I need to know where to start the process. Anyone willing to talk on the phone or Skype ? I would like to talk to anyone who has flown with their pets. I hope I didn’t ask too many Questions here , I will have a lot more .I went to the International Living conference in Las Vegas a little over 3 years ago .I met and talked to Expats who live there and I really want to give life a try there . Thank you for any help that you can give me!

$1200/month would be doable but a bit spartan in Cuenca since you’ve got the extra expense of the two dogs in addition to your own. I wouldn’t recommend just showing up without a definite way to generate some extra income. Although I don’t have dogs it’s common knowledge that finding a landlord willing to accept pets is more difficult, but certainly not impossible.

KEVIN IMUS
    Participant

Thank you Ed , I don’t know where I will live just yet, but I have my plan in place to come in Jan and then branch out and visit different places to live . I hope to have a beer with you in Cuenca!!

I just wanted to add that we are having our Fast-Track Ecuador conference in Quito soon. It will be held February 5-7, 2015 and will cover most if not all of your questions. There will be speakers talking about how to bring your pets into the country, how to open and run a business in Ecuador, and of course a lot of detailed information on various areas of Ecuador including Cuenca. On top of that you get the chance to network with people who are living here, who have brought their pets, and who are earning money abroad. If it’s a possibility for you to attend, I think it could be a really great way for you to ask all of those questions and get detailed answers in person.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.