AFTER YOU BRING THE CAR FROM USA TO COSTA RICA,

Homepage Forums Costa Rica Insider Forum AFTER YOU BRING THE CAR FROM USA TO COSTA RICA,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    IVAN FROLOV

HI JASON! HERE IS INFO ON CAR REGISTRATION, AFTER IT ARRIVES IN C.R.
    Registration costs:
    1. Once cleared through Customs we have to take it on a flatbed wrecker for RTV inspection and then to our warehouse or your residence ( if not to far away, if not tow costs would be exorbitant.
    Tow truck and inspection cost is USD 230 ( 25 Miles). If car does not pass inspection, it has to be fixed and taken on the tow truck back for inspection.

2. Registration request. Once inspection approved lawyer fees to request the registration is USD 200.00 To get the plates takes about a 5 working days. Lawyer also has to pay the
    registration tax and yearly road called marchamo . For your car this amounts to about USD 885.00
    I NEED TO KNOW, IF I CAN DO MYSELF CAR REGISTRATION,AFTER I SHIP MY CAR TO C.R. AND AVOID SOME OF THESE CHARGES? THANK YOU,LUDA

JASON HOLLAND
    Participant

Hi Luda,

I’m double-checking with an import/shipping broker to make sure, but I believe you can do the car registration yourself, although considering the need to navigate a complicated bureaucracy it is recommended you use a lawyer, especially if you don’t speak Spanish.

I’ll get back to you with further info.

JASON HOLLAND
    Participant

Hi Luda,

An import broker I know highly recommends working with a lawyer to complete all this paperwork due to the complicated nature of this process. But I would check with the broker you’re working with and get his/her opinion as well.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.