ALBROOK TERMINALS & MALL

Homepage Forums Panama Insider ALBROOK TERMINALS & MALL

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ROBERT JORDAN
    Participant

Are any or all of the following interconnected at Albrook: Metro Terminal, Domestic Bus Terminal, Domestic Air Terminal, Albrook Mall? Is there any Bus connection between PTY and Albrook? Approximately how much is taxi fare between PTY to Albrook?

Hello there,

Albrook Mall and the National Bus Terminal/Metro are connected. The Albrook airport (Marcos A. Gelabert Airport) is a separate facility but just minutes away…you could walk but it would be easiest to take a taxi. Unfortunately the metro does not go anywhere near Tocumen International Airport, so you would need to get a cab or driver from there to your next destination. Fare should be $25 to $30 total for one or two people.

Regards,

BOB SHAPLAND
    Participant

My wife and I will be making our third visit to Panama in June and would like to ride the new metro. Can you give details on the vending machines that sell the Rapipass? Is there an English option for those of us not proficient in Espanol? Does the machine take credit cards, cash, or both? Anything you could tell us prior to getting there would be appreciated!

Hi there Bob,

You can buy the passes at any metro station (the National Bus Terminal at Albrook, too). The machines take cash and are super easy to use, but there is a window as well, if you’d rather deal with a live person. They may not necessarily speak English but they are, in my experience, really nice and helpful, so everyone seems to communicate just fine. The signs are easy to read and follow. The metro is usually packed but clean and speedy!
    Best,
    Jessica

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.