Alternate Pensionado income?

Homepage Forums Panama Insider Alternate Pensionado income?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JOHN PARANIUK
    Participant

I don’t have a formal corporate or government pension, but have stable, more than adequate income. Would something like a fixed annuity qualify as income for the pensionado visa program? My plan is to rent for an extended period before a real estate purchase, but I would like to have residency before that. Any options for pensionado income besides formal pensions?

Dear John, my understanding is that you might qualify for another residence type but not the Pensionado Program. It’s important you check this with your Pamama attorney…if you don’t have one here’s the info for the Panama attorney listed here on your Panama Insider website.

Rainelda Mata-Kelly (Law Offices Rainelda Mata-Kelly), Street address: Suite 406-407, Tower B, Torres de las Americas, Punta Pacifica, City of Panama. Mailing address: P.O. Box 0818-00534, Panama City, Republic of Panama; tel. +507 263-4305; fax +507 264-2868; e-mail: rmk@mata-kelly.com; website: http://www.mata-kelly.com.

Hope that helps, thank you!
    IL Panama editor Jessica Ramesch

John, I would appreciate feedback on how your quest for pensionado status using other means of income turned out. My wife and I are similar to you in that we have good income streams but they are not official pensions.

Yes please share if you can…again, there are other residence visas that are easy to apply for if you don’t qualify for the pensionado.

Good luck John and Michael.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.