Alternative Cable or Satellite methods

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Alternative Cable or Satellite methods

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DEANNA DICKERSON
    Participant

Hello Insiders!

Does anyone know if “Rabbit” or “Hulu” works in Cotacachi or Cuenca?

Looking to feed my old movie & series addiction without the cost of Dish or Direct TV.

Ecuador Fast Track Alumini 08/12

Lynn

I suppose my question would be: Do Dish and Direct TV even exist anywhere in Ecuador?

We have DirecTV at our house. We’re not big TV watchers. I pay $7 or $8 a month for Netflix and I download my fave TV shows from iTunes. Sometimes for college football, etc. we use USTVNow.com and UFreeTV.com. I know that some people get a private IP address in order to get more access to some programming.

Does this answer your question? You might also look at Slingbox.com — lots of folks use this service.

Thanks, Suzan! Having lived in Italy for 17 years (’74-’91), I’m amazed to hear of the technological compatibilities between Ecuador and the U.S. The availability of American TV and movies will enhance my position on the pro/con list my wife and I are compiling in regards to potential expatriation. I’m not doing a home run trot just yet, but I’ve at least made it to the on-deck circle!

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you get in the batter’s box, Michael!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.