Años Dorados insurance

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Años Dorados insurance

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ANDREA LYMAN
    Participant

Do you know if the cut-off age for Años Dorados insurance is 75? If so, are there other insurances where this is not so?
    Thanks!!

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Hi Andrea, according to a chart I was given by a good source, Anos Dorados has not age limit. You can learn more at http://www.coopseguros.com. The only other company I know of with no age limit restriction is Cruz Blanca. Learn more at.

And one that allows enrollment up to age 75 is Corporative plan Salud. To learn more about that, ontact Bjorn Opperman, tel 0999331462 or ecuadorinvest@gmail.com

ANDREA LYMAN
    Participant

Suzan, Was there supposed to be a link for Cruz Blanca after, “Learn more at.” ? I don’t see one. Thanks!!

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Yes, sorry about that: http://www.cruzblanca.com.ec

FRANK AGIATO

Can someone please confirm that the question about Anos Dorados is regarding supplemental health for senior citizens? If so, is it a necessity to have this coverage in addition to the free insurance for seniors? Thanks!

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

I’m not certain I understand your question, but my advice is to always have either private insurance or some type of hospital-based plan. The public hospitals are not where I would want to end up if I had a serious medical issue. You can always go the pay-out-of-pocket route, but… if you have a catastrophic health issue and you are in a good private hospital (again this is where I would want to be treated) you will be looking at bills of several thousand dollars if you are there for any length of time. My thoughts only…

FRANK AGIATO

Susan, once again thank you for your quick response! Sorry my mistake, I was talking about the paid insurance for senior citizens. I know there is a monthly cost for that. What I wanted to know is if a supplemental or secondary insurance is necessary in addition to the Pensionados Insurance? Would Anos Dorados Insurance be used as a secondary insurance in that case?

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

I think Anos Dorados would be your primary insurance. If you had that, why would you even bother with going the public route? You could go to the public hospitals first (for anything non-serious), of course, but in case of emergency or any major, your first choice would be a private provider.

FRANK AGIATO

Susan, Thanks, I was trying to determine if the health care worked the same as in the U.S. where Medicare pays 80% and a supplemental policy is purchased to cover the balance. At least that’s the way it used to work pre-Obamacare.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.