Anyone know how to stop that annoying popup window?

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Anyone know how to stop that annoying popup window?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know how to stop that annoying “Your Last Chance to Retire Overseas Now” popup window here on the forum? I keep my “popup blocker” turned on in Chrome, but it doesn’t stop that window!
    On a free forum, I could understand it (need to raise revenue, etc), but since we pay to be here, there should be a way to turn that darn thing off!

I have been told you can’t stop it — something from the home office programming…It IS annoying….

It occurs to me that if the home office programmers are talented enough to create that window, they should be talented enough to look at our site user i.d., see if we’re already subscribed to whatever that window is “pushing”, and not show the window if we’re already subscribed!
    Come on, IL, be good to your subscribers and fix this issue!

DAVID MINGER
    Participant

Try this. Click on the LogOut link on the upper right hand corner of the Home Page. A LogOn box will appear. Enter your UserName and Passeord in the logon box. This stopped the popup window from appearing on my screen. Good luck.

David,

Thanks!!! That appears to do it. I had assumed that since it was showing my name at the top, it had retained the log-in info, but it evidently does not.
    I appreciate the help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.