Are They There Too?

Homepage Forums Costa Rica Insider Forum Are They There Too?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

On our last “scouting trip”, to the Southern Pacific Zone, we found many places where you could live at a comfortable elevation (it was only 1,000 – 1,500 feet) but still be only 15 – 30 minutes from the beach. We loved the scenery and as usual, people were very friendly.
    Does anybody know if there are locations like these in the Central Pacific area? In the past, we’ve found that you have to be at least 45 minutes to an hour from the beach to find a comfortable elevation.
    Thanks for your input and Merry Christmas to all!
    Patrick & Anne

JASON HOLLAND
    Participant

Hi Patrick,

I’ll chime in. There are a few places that fit the bill as far as proximity to beach and higher elevation/cooler weather around Jaco, as well as Quepos/Manuel Antonio. A bit further north you also have Miramar, a small town. You might contact this real estate office about possible Jaco and Quepos properties: http://www.remax-oceansiderealty.com

THOMAS MERGENS
    Participant

Patrick, I agree with your thoughts on living at elevation. My wife and I purchased about 7 acres near Platanillo, about 15 minutes from Dominical. The property havs great ocean and valley views and is at about 1,000 feet elevation, with temps about 10-15 degrees cooler than the beach. So there are definitely options in that area.

If you are interested in knowing more about the specifics of th development we purchased our land in, please let me know.

MIKE KAPLAN

Hi Thomas,
    We’re going to CR in around 3 months time and Central Pacific area is of definite interest to us. We’re ideally looking for 2-3 acres, so if you could provide the details of the development where you have purchased, that would be much appreciated.
    Many thanks,
    Mike

Thanks for your replies. Apologies for the delay in doing so. A few days after we returned to the States, when I posted my question, I had surgery for a complete shoulder replacement. It gave me so much trouble trying to “paddle out” during our last trip I thought I better get it done ASAP. Hopefully, it’ll be much better by April!

Thanks!
    Patrick

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.