ARE YOU LOCAL? YOU PROVIDE INFO, AND WE TREAT FOR MEAL – VISITING MID OCT. 2015

Homepage Forums Belize Insider Forum ARE YOU LOCAL? YOU PROVIDE INFO, AND WE TREAT FOR MEAL – VISITING MID OCT. 2015

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kristen Rush
    Participant

We will be visiting Belize on a property/house hunting trip in mid October. Locations we plan to visit include Corazol, Ambergris, Caye Caulker, Placencia and maybe a couple other coastal spots.

Nothing beats the input of a fellow ex-pat, so we’d like to offer a meal of your choice in exchange for good conversation and brain-picking.

My daughter just returned to the classroom to teach and can’t get time off, so my son-in-law and I will be the two travelers. He’s a nurse, I’m a realtor so we’re kind of eclectic.

You may email me at: kriace@att.net or call/text: 281-979-7337

Kirsten,

I will send you an e-mail shortly. Usually I suggest that IL members meet me at Wine de Vine on Friday nights, as we always go there and many IL members drop in to seek me out. But let’s discuss your suggestion. I do live on Ambergris Caye fulltime. And I will most likely be here most of October, at least through mid-October.

Kristen Rush
    Participant

Thank you! Looking forward to hearing from you, Ann. We are hoping to find knowledgeable (or at least opinionated!) folks in other areas of Belize as well. We’re pretty much winging it when we get there and driving where we feel we should visit.

Kristen,

Yes, you will find opinionated expats all over Belize. But the opinions will vary from one expat to another, and differ significantly. So it’s good to talk to many. It’s pretty easy to meet expats in Belize.

DAVID L.
    Participant

Kristen, Lynn and I just bought a house in Consejo (north of Corozal). We received a mortgage through Atlantic International Bank. An interesting experience. Our house in the States is for sale and, as soon as it sells, we’ll be moving to our new home in Belize. If you would like to converse, we could arrange a stateside phone call between us. David and Lynn

David,

I’ll probably be going to Corozal to do research for a future International Living article, before year end. If you and your wife are living in Consejo by November, do let me know. I plan to spend some time at Consejo Shores to meet some of the expats who live there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.