Automatic Response Notification

Homepage Forums Belize Insider Forum Automatic Response Notification

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    DAVID L.
    Participant

Ann, At one time, we had the option to receive an automatic notification when a question had a posted response. It didn’t work but it sure would be nice. Any indication that the option is in the works? Thanks, David

David,

I have been told by our technical staff that all of the Insider websites will be upgraded in the future, to fix some of these issues. I just don’t know when that will be. This is a technical issue. I agree that it would be nice to get automatic notifications. I have passed that suggestion on before. We did used to have that feature, but since it didn’t work well, apparently it was disconnected. But I assume that when the website is revamped them will include it. Sorry for the inconvenience…

DAVID L.
    Participant

Thanks Ann. I did try to use the feature before and it didn’t work. Being in the “computer” field for 45 years, I understand “technical issues”. Hopefully, it will be an added feature soon. David

David,

Agreed. There are a number of aspects of this website that I would like to see improved. But I am merely a writer, and the messenger…I do know that an upgrade is planned. But not sure when it will be happen. Since there are many Insider websites, it will be a major endeavor to switch them all out.

Here in Belize we don’t have many Belizean expert computer geeks, although it’s getting better. The computers sold here are of a much lower quality than what you can buy in the USA. So it always makes sense to bring your state of the art computer, IPhone, and electronics with you.

You will easily make friends if you can help the expats in Consejo with their computer challenges. I switched to an Apple computer recently, after spending my entire career on Microsoft based computers. I’m struggling to get used to the different approach. There are no Genius Bars in Belize, after all! The one guy I trust to work on my computer is always busy. It takes two weeks for him take find time to work on my computer and I can’t afford to leave it in his shop that long. But I have an expat friend who loves computers and is totally up to speed. He is usually willing to swap a meal for some computer assistance. We have him and his wife over for a gourmet meal more often than our other friends!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.