Availability of organic foods in Cuenca

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Availability of organic foods in Cuenca

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Robert Clark
    Participant

We are planning an exploration trip to Cuenca in Jan/Feb 17, but concerned about the availability of organic foods and specialty foods for my wife’s Macrobiotic diet. Foods such as: Whole grains (eg long grain brown rice, barley, millet, quinoa, and whole or steel-cut oats), Dried beans (eg pinto, black, garbanzo, adzuki, lentils), Fresh greens (eg kale, collards, Italian parsley, turnip), Sea vegetables (eg kombu, wakame, hijiki, arame), Tamari or Shoyu, Olive or sesame oil. We plan to take as much as we can reasonably carry, but doubt it will be enough for two months. Are there so called “Health Food” stores or restaurants in town? Is there, by chance, a Macrobiotic or vegetarian community in Cuenca or anywhere in Ecuador? We have other questions, but will ask under separate subjects. Thanks in advance to whoever may reply.

I can’t possibly address all the specific items you have listed, but I’m happy to share that there is a great deal of organic produce in Cuenca, lots of vegetarian restaurants, and health food stores like Nectar and Live Green Superfoods.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.