Bed and breakfast tours

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Bed and breakfast tours

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Mary and I are planning to come to Ecuador the end of Jan or the first of Feb and we need help. We read a link on International Living about a 5 or 7 day bed and breakfast tour that would introduce us to different areas and people that would be helpful in our search for a new place to live. We are from upper Michigan and although we love living on Lake Superior, we are getting too old to enjoy the long cold winter. We were hoping this website would have some links that would help us find the type of contact we read months ago however, to date I have not found one. Can some one help direct us to some honest reliable contacts.

Thank you,
    Terry & Mary V.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Mary, I don’t recall any B&B tours that I’ve read about in IL — check out the suggested itineraries in the Travel section on this Ecuador Insider web page — you’ll find contacts in just about every place you’d consider going. You may be thinking of the Pathfinder Chill Weekend tours. You can find out about one to coastal Ecuador here: http://www.pathfinderinternational.net/chills/view/ecuador_property_tour1

Also, Sarah Dettman runs expat tours through her company and she’ll be happy to explain the details is you email her at s.dettman@yahoo.com or see here website: http://www.ecuadorexpatjourneys.com

Hi Suzan,

Rather than B&B with the tours, are you able to recommend B&Bs to get a true feel of the hospitality? My research shows there are about 40 of them in Quito which have the important ammenities (climate control, a safe in the room and WiFi) and I wanted to know if you have a favorites you’ve heard about and can share?

Without reservation, I am very comfortable with my insurance policy (the Quito J.W. Marriott) but wanted to really get really close to the life on the ground as I can for this recon trip (Confirmed travel date Dec 10 – 14, 2012).

Regards,

Greg Bentham

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

I have lots of favorite hotels in Quito — Hotel Andino is great at $35 a night which includes taxes and breakfast. It is in a great location, too — close to the Swissotel. http://www.andinohotel.com/

But don’t expect the Marriott at that price. 🙂 NO climate control (but we never need that in Quito). And no safes in the rooms, but they may have one in their office — we’ve never worried about our stuff there. Andino is were Dan and I stay most often when we are in Quito. The proprietor, Miguel and his wife, Paola, are great people.

Check out the itinerary section — you should find other recommendations there. But if you have any questions, send them my way.

Suzan

Hello Suzan,

Thanks for the reference and I will also continue to poke around the site as well for others.

Regards,

Greg

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

You might also check out Hotel Quito and Hotel Sebastian (ask for the International Living rates) — they are more expensive that Andino and you’ll pay the VAT and tourist tax, etc. on top of any rate you are quoted. And you’ll pay for breakfast…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.