Best airports & airfares, US to Ecuador

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Best airports & airfares, US to Ecuador

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    JACK THOMAS

What US airports provide the best connections and fares to and from Ecuador?

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Most people fly to Ecuador from Miami (American Airlines) or Houston (United/COPA). TACA AND LAN also fly to Ecuador from Miami and Delta from Atlanta.

I use http://www.kayak.com to search for airfares. It compares several different airfare aggregators and will pull up the best fares for you. And if you can be flexible with your dates, you can include that info in your search and ensure you’re getting the best deal for your travel timeframe.

Jack, you didn’t mention where you live and what major airport is closest to your home. We’ve had great luck with fares and schedules flying from Guayaquil to NYC. LAN has a nonstop flight between the two cities and Copa offers a convenient choice with a short layover in Panama City.

PAUL WONG

I have been researching airfares to Quito as well using all the typical search web-sites, as well as directly with the airlines, and found that fly.com appears to offer the best fares, even for those of us not travelling from the main hubs.

BRADLEY WILCOSH
    Participant

I have always had good luck starting my airfare searches using Hotwire.com, and then checking out the airline sites that display the best fares on Hotwire. For last minute bookings (usually within a few weeks prior to departure date), LastMinute.com often has low fares from the major hubs. My problem has been trying to get to Cuenca the same day as my departure, but I have noted that most travelers suggest over-nighting in Quito or Guayaquil and taking a local airline the following day.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

You really can’t get to Cuenca on the same day, unless you fly to Guayaquil and have a driver waiting to take you there immediately. And if it is a foggy night, driving can be iffy.

I have looked for flights to Ecuador on some of the major travel sites. I’ve noticed that COPA has one-stop (Panama City) flights from a number of hubs in the southwest and southern regions of the US. These flights are usually among the cheapest as well.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

FYI, Duty Free will be your best friend for “spirits” — Ecuador has a big tariff on imported booze so if you like Scotch, good vodka, etc., pick some up. Each person can bring 3 liters….I always stock up on cognac, etc. at Duty Free on the way to Ecuador.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.