Best Guide Books for Ecuador

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Best Guide Books for Ecuador

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    WENDY MARTIN
    Participant

Greetings All. My husband & I are planning our first scouting trip to Ecuador during the first 3 weeks in June. While we have a general wish list of where we want to explore (everywhere!) and are making good use of the sample Itineraries on this site, we are also looking for a good general purpose guide book (in English, at least for now). Do you have any recommendations? We would love to meet/speak with any expats who are up for a conversation about their experiences while we are visiting…perhaps we could provide lunch and libations to make your time spent more enjoyable. Many thanks for all the insights provided on the Forum

I’ve been using my trusty Lonely Planet guidebook for Ecuador for three years now and it is pretty comprehensive. Moon and National Geographic guidebooks are typically well researched as well, but I personally like LP’s style the best.

If you want to speak with other expats you could ask around on the Facebook expat groups or some of the other online forums. Or you can just show up at a cafe or watering hole frequented by expats and you’ll be sure to find friendly folks who are happy to chat about their experiences. I don’t think you’ll have too much trouble finding people who are willing to share their stories. Happy travels!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.