Best time to visit Ecuador

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Best time to visit Ecuador

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    STAN SMITH
    Participant

I would like to visit Ecuador for 2 weeks during the first quarter of 2016. I want to visit Cotacachi, Salinas and Cuenca. Is there a better time to come during this period? Would like to stay away from any holidays due to hotel room availability.
    I looked at the itineraries but does anyone have a better one for a two week trip?

Thanks
    Stan Smith

You’re right on target with your plans, Stan. Cuenca and Cotacachi are fine during holidays as long as you line up accommodations in advance, but for sure stay away from Salinas during those times. Since Cuenca is the largest place of your three stops I’d advise spending the most time there.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Also avoid the coast during Semana Santa, the week before Easter. It will be far too crowded to be enjoyable. (That’s my opinion, any how.) Carnaval (the week leading up to Fat Tuesday/Ash Wednesday) is also celebrated in Ecuador, although not in a huge scale. But you might find the beaches a bit crowded that prior weekend as well.

STAN SMITH
    Participant

Are the hotels listed in the travel itineraries still the hotels you reccomend? I am interested in hotels in Quito (near airport), Cotacachi and Salinas. Any new suggestions?

The Quito airport is about 45 minutes outside of the city so you won’t find any hotels within Quito that are near the airport. If you want something close to the airport for the nights before and after your flights most people use the Quito Airport Suites (airporthotelquito.com).

The suggestions for lodging in Cotacachi are still good with the possible exception of Land of the Sun. It is under new ownership and I’ve yet to hear good reports.

I haven’t been to the coast for some time, so maybe Suzan or Edd can chime in about Salinas.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.