Best Travel Time in Ecuador

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Best Travel Time in Ecuador

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    STAN SMITH
    Participant

If someone was going to visit Ecuador for two or three weeks, is there a better time of the year for such a visit?  The visit would  be to coastal as well as highland areas.

Thanks

Stan

STAN SMITH
    Participant

Also one other thing,  are the weather icons on the home page tied to the weather in any particular cities? If not, can they be?

Thanks

Stan

Hi Stan, I will ask our web guru what the weather icons are tied to. I am guessing it is a feed from some weather website/satellite. I’ve not found an accurate source for weather stats for any particular locale in Ecuador. I think it all comes from one satellite somewhere because for our area, for instance (Cotacachi) the weather feed almost always says clouds/rain. Even when the sun is shining brightly. But being at a high elevation there are almost always clouds hanging over the mountains and there is almost always rain “somewhere” in the country.

As for the best time to travel, that really depends on what you mean and where you intend to visit? Rainy season is basically November through March or April, but this year in Cotacachi we have had very little rain (and I love the rainy season) while some parts of the coast had too much rain and flooding this year.

Winter (in North America) is typically when you’ll find southbound flights more expensive. The airlines charge you a premium for trying to escape those northern winters, I guess. You might try late Spring/early summer (in No. Am.) to get the lowest fares and most temperate weather in Ecuador – -but in my opinion, no time is really a bad time. Come when you can.

Suzan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.