Best way to see Ecuador

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Best way to see Ecuador

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    WILLIAM HOYE

My husband and I will be in Quito for the Ecuador Conference on Feb. 7-9. They are also sponsoring some real estate trips to different areas of the country, but they either start before we arrive or overlap so that we have to choose one over another.
    None of them allow for time to stay a few days at each area.
    We would like to see Cuenca, but are told that Carnival will impede a visit there.
    Also would like to see Otovalo and Cotacachi with a couple nights stay.
    We arrive on the evening of the 4th of February and leave from Quito on the 21st.
    Any suggestions? Would a car and driver, be the way to go to Cotacachi, etc.
    Thanks,
    Pat

And on 2/17/13 you get to see a president and congress get elected. Should be educational.

As best I can tell Carnival is Feb. 9-12 in Cuenca. That should leave plenty of time for you to visit here.

DIANE OUTERBRIDGE
    Participant

Hi Pat, my husband and I travelled in Ecuador by bus with no problems (very cheap, too). But contact Sarah Dettman (s.dettman@yahoo.com) or Jonathan Hall (juanzec@yahoo.com). One or the other should be able to help you get there and/or give advice. They are great people…use me as a reference. Diane

WILLIAM HOYE

Thank you all for the replies. Can anyone recommend accommodations in Cuenca and Quito?

Go here: https://internationalliving.com/country_clubs/ecuador/travellers-ecuador/

Scroll down on the left side to the link for travel itineraries — you’ll find lots of good suggestions.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.