Bringing pets other than dog or cat

Homepage Forums Panama Insider Bringing pets other than dog or cat

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JOHN PARANIUK
    Participant

Anyone have experience bringing pets other than dogs or cats to Panama? In my case I am wondering specifically about a cockatiel.I’m thinking that with the large indigenous bird population that it wouldn’t be allowed, but no harm asking. Has anyone else brought more unusual pets? Level of difficulty?

DOUG HENDRICKSON
    Participant

I’d also be interested in birds, as we have an African Grey. And what about horses? Most of what I have read makes me think that for other than cat/dogs, the process gets very complicated.

Hi there John and Doug, yes my understanding is that for birds the paperwork gets more complicated. It is possible, there are people who have brought their birds down but you may find the extra requirements a bit time-consuming. For detailed current info it is best to ask a relocator or attorney that deals with this regularly, if you don’t have one try:

The Law Offices of Rainelda Mata-Kelly
    Suite 406-407, Tower B, Torres de las Americas
    Punta Pacifica, Panama City, Panama
    Local tel: +(507) 216-9299
    From the U.S. or Canada tel: (011 507) 380-0606.
    E-mail: rmk@mata-kelly.com

For other animals like horses and cows yes, the process is more complex, Cats and dogs are the most common and thus the processes are the easiest/most streamlined.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.