BUS FROM OTAVALO TO NEW AIRPORT NORTH OF QUITO

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum BUS FROM OTAVALO TO NEW AIRPORT NORTH OF QUITO

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ROD MCCARROLL
    Participant

Does anyone know of a bus that goes from Otavalo to the New Airport North of Quito? It would be OK if the bus could just drop us off close to the new airport.

Much about the airport’s opening tomorrow is up in the air (sorry for the unintended pun). I can’t find any information about your question but I’ll keep looking. From your other question it appears you’re going to Otavalo. Your best source of info will be the bus station there.

If you are going to have a lot of luggage, I’d suggest a private driver. Your hotel can help with that or you can email Mauricio Bonilla (in English) at Mauricio Bonilla <gbsmaury@hotmail.com>  — and he can arrange transport with his father. Probably about $60 total (not per person). I am hearing that there are still kinks at the new airport and you need to get there 3 hours ahead of your flight. There are buses from Quito to the new airport but I am unsure about the routes between Otavalo and the new airport. Like Edd said, your best bet is to ask someone in Otavalo. You may have to take a bus to the nearest large town (El Quinche, perhaps) and then a taxi from there. If it were me, I would hire a driver. The roads still aren’t finished in and out of the airport and a lot of detours are necessary at this point.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.