Buying business

Homepage Forums Costa Rica Insider Forum Buying business

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ART AUSTIN
    Participant

Im looking into buying a business {gym} should I hire a buyers agent or lawyer
    Thanks

JASON HOLLAND
    Participant

Hi Art,

When buying a business and the property where it’s located (as opposed to leasing the building or land) you should have a real estate agent and attorney working with you. The agent will help you find property and facilitate negotiations. And the attorney will help you make sure the title is clear and there are no issues with the property, as well as handle the transfer of the property to you. They can also examine things like business licensing, etc. to make sure the business is all set up properly.

I’d also advise hiring an accountant to examine the financial records and help you get set up with the Costa Rican government as far as tax filings, social security payments for employees, and other matters.

Jason

ART AUSTIN
    Participant

Hey Jason
    Thanks for the advice , I would be leasing the building. I will be contacting a buyers agent soon to see exactly what he offers or does or if he can help in the transition of the business into my name and I will be sure to have someone look over any papers before I sign them
    Thanks again
    Art

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.