Buying furniture from Quito or Otavalo?

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Buying furniture from Quito or Otavalo?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    DAVID RENTO

I need to furnish a living room and dining room for a home on the northern coast with something of average or better quality. Style may be subjective but lasting quality is a bit more objective. Are there a few shops in Quito or Otavalo with good quality at fair prices that some can recommend? I’m not opposed to having things made by hand but I won’t be in country long so it would be one visit upfront and the rest from long distance. If that’s OK, then great.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Hi David, I’d suggest you look in Quito. Otavalo isn’t really known for its furniture. Or you might even check out Manta and Portoviejo. I’m sure you can find some decent stuff there.

DAVID RENTO

Thank you Suzan. Any stores you might recommend in Quito?

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Let me see if I can get an answer for you.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

David, where on the northern coast? Are you closer to Atacames or Manta?

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Hi David, here is a store in Manta that comes recommended: http://www.bamboomec.com/showe.php

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

A couple of other resources for you in Manta: El Senor Colchon in Manta can work with you for most anything needed for a house on the coast. The store is in Manta. 0994491533. The owner speaks English. Another resource says: “Jorge Perez Plaza took us shopping in Manta and Montecristi for our furnishings. I don’t remember the names of all the stores we went to but we were able to fully furnish our home with his help. He was able to negotiate some good prices on our behalf and he knew where to buy mattresses for the best price saving us over $100 on mattresses alone. And he speaks excellent English. You could private message him on Facebook.”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.