Care for down syndrome…

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Care for down syndrome…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    HECTOR H.

I would like to retire to Quito, but my family includes my (55-year old) brother who has down syndrome.
    He was raised in a Spanish speaking country and understands Spanish well.
    He attends daily a school for special-needs persons, where he has activities and events that keep him busy;
    and my question is:
    Are there any agencies/schools/organizations (private or public) in Quito (or anywhere else in Ecuador)
    where I could enroll him? What kind of help can I expect to find in this respect?

Regards and thanks

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Hi there, I will ask some of my Quito contacts and see if they know of anything…

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Ok, I found some info for you. A friend who has lived in Quito for 30 years says, “Yes, for sure there are services with adults with Downs Syndrome. You can tell them that with the govt´s Manuela Espejo program there is lots more attention and services for the disabled in Ecuador now. Two organizations are Fundacion El Triangulo in Quito ((593) 2 2 481 076 / 09 8 300 742) and Fundación Huiracocha Tutiven in Cuenca.”

Fundacion Traingulo has a Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fundacion-El-Triangulo/242746502486772?hc_location=ufi

HECTOR H.

MANY THANKS!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.