Carnival

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    GRETCHEN SOLDAT
    Participant

Hi Experts,

I was communicating with a couple VRBO vacation rental owners about possibly renting next March, and they mentioned the holiday “Carnival” happens at this time. Harder to get flights, etc. I have no interest in Carnival, but March is the month that works best for me to visit. Would you think this makes it a deal-breaker? The two places I am interested in are beach condos in Mantanita, south of Manta, and Canoa, up north. Neither are right “in town”, if that makes a difference. Thanks for your advice!

Hi Gretchen, what do you mean by “deal breaker”? If you mean that they won’t negotiate on price, yes. Because short-term rental properties make all their money during Carnaval, Semana Santa and New Years….

GRETCHEN SOLDAT
    Participant

Hi Suzan,

I meant only is it too crazyduring that time for a relaxing vacation? And is it really that hard to get flights? Overall, is March a month best to be avoided?

This year, Carnaval was in  February and Semana Santa is this week, of course. I’ve not yet gone to the Ecuador coast during Semana Santa, but I’ve been in other Latin American countries at that time and practically EVERYONE goes to the beach. I would rather avoid the crowds and the noise… not my thing. It looks like Easter 2014 will be April 20 and Carnaval should be the last week of Feb and first of March, ending on March 4. So if you go to the coast in March of 2014, after the 4th, you should be okay. If I am right about those dates, of course….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.