Christmas and New Year's in Ecuador

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Christmas and New Year's in Ecuador

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

My wife and I are planning a six week exploratory trip to Ecuador to search out possible retirement spots. We will be traveling over Christmas and New Year’s. We are planning to arrive in Quito right after Thanksgiving and drive to the coast, head south towards Salinas, Playas and Cuenca, then returning to the spots we like the most for more in depth “research”. Will we need to plan hotel reservations in advance? What recommendations are out there as to where to spend the holidays? We are open to suggestions as this is our first trip to Ecuador. Are we crazy for coming ruing the holiday season?
    Thanks,
    Chuck

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Hi Chuck, I would definitely recommend you have reservations if you will be on the coast during the holidays. That’s when Ecuadorian tourists will be there, too, so you want to make and verify your reservation. Just about anywhere you choose to be during the holidays will be great fun. There is a huge parade in Cuenca on Dec. 24 that I’ve not yet had the opportunity to attend but understand it’s great fun. That might be a great place to be!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.