college

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    COTE DONALD
    Participant

We are planning moving to Ecuador but I still have my younger son that next year wants to study health science at college and then university.
    We prefer a warmer and close to the sea area, so we were looking like renting in Guayaquil and buying in salinas so I can fish and scuba dive.
    The problem is I have verify for an IB College or equivalent school so all credit and equivalance would be accepted by Canadian standard or International country’s but I did not find a complete corse, does it exist in Guayaquil?

Thanks
    Donald

Are you looking for a high school with an IB program to qualify him for a Canadian university? If so, look at http://www.ibo.org to find schools in Guayaquil and Quito. Or do a Google search on international baccalaureate guayaquil

Does your son speak Spanish? While there may be some classes given in English, the bulk of the curriculum will be in Spanish — especially in university. I am unaware of IB designation being given to universities, but there are several universities in Guayaquil. Again, he’ll struggle if he is not fluent in Spanish.

Also, be aware that the word collegio in Spanish means high school.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.