Corozal expat hang outs

Homepage Forums Belize Insider Forum Corozal expat hang outs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Gary Holmes

I will be in Corozal in mid February and would like to meet an expat or two and possibly pick their brains so does anyone know of a good place to meet expats in the Corozal district?

DAVID L.
    Participant

By ‘Corozal District’ do you ‘Corozal Town’? The district takes in a lot of territory. The town is on the Corozal Bay, just south of the Mexican border (Chetumal). We live in Mayan Seaside (part of Consejo Village) which is 6 miles north of Corozal. We have been researching Belize for over 3 years and settled on Consejo/Corozal as the right place for us. We bought a house 1 ½ years ago and, after several visits, moved here permanently 4 months ago. We would be happy to meet with you and share our knowledge and preferences with you. Just let us know when you’ll be here.

David and Lynn

Gary,

There are two restaurant/bars where expats frequent. They are the Jam Rock, right on the water in town, and the Blue Iguana, a few miles north of town, on the bay. If you drop by for lunch or dinner you will see that other expats gather at each place. If you introduce yourself you’ll find that the expats in the Corozal region are very helpful.

Julie Wormhoudt
    Participant

Hi!

I, too, am going to be visiting Belize although my visit in March is 8th-22nd. I would also love to meet with some expats and contact someone that knows about rental property in Corozal town. I am hoping that Belize will be “my spot” and return for the Winter next year.

Julie

Julie,

I wrote an article for the Belize Insider that was published in June of 2015, addressing how to find rentals in each region. That is posted on this website, under Monthly Articles.

Also do a Google search for “longterm rentals in Corozal and Consejo Shores”. Both areas typically have decent rentals that are well priced. I’ve usually been able to find examples through this simple on line search approach.

Gary Holmes

Thanks Ann and David,

Ann I will definately seek out Jam Rock but I think Blue Iguana is closed.I was planning on staying there but had to do a quick hunt around for new accomodations when I heard they had closed.

David I am heading for the airport in a few hours and will be in Corozal on Saturday.I’m hoping to arrive in time to go to Art in the Park but will have a whole two weeks after that and would love to meet up with you both and find out about your journey.We {a buddy and me} will be staying in Corozal Town but have no problem making it up to Consejo Village for a get together.Hope you can find a few hours to meet up.

DAVID L.
    Participant

The Blue Iguana is not closed. We had lunch there 2 weeks ago. They have newly released movies (within 6 months of theater release) every Saturday night along with darts, band and karaoke on other nights. The owners name is Steve (011-501-630-5595). The restaurant is good and on the ocean. I don’t know if they have rentals.

Another place is Tony’s for a restaurant and accommodations. Blue’s (on the water – a little south of Jam Rock next door to Tony’s), Tony’s or Jam Rock (the owner, Rocky (as it turns out), is a character, very knowledgeable and always has a pickup truck for us to rent) are good places to meet.

We get into Corozal often (the never-ending shopping list). Our schedule is probably not as tight as yours (we live in the Caribbean, after all) so you name the date and time to meet.

Gary Holmes

Hi David.

Well we made it to Corozal and are loving it so far.We are staying at the HokolKin guesthouse and are free both Friday and Saturday evening so if you’re free either of those days maybe we can set up a get together

DAVID L.
    Participant

How about Friday at 4:00pm at Corozo Blue’s. It is on the Bay just south of you. Should be easy to talk there.

Gary Holmes

We have an appointment early this afternoon so can we possibly push it back to 5.00pm?

DAVID L.
    Participant

How about Saturday for breakfast at Tony’s Inn?

Gary Holmes

We are planning on going to the Caye’s tomorrow morning.We did hear about some kind of Snowbirds get together tomorrow in Consejo so maybe we can meet there.

DAVID L.
    Participant

Yes, there is a Snowbirds Ball tomorrow evening. However, we are not attending. Let’s go ahead and do this evening at 5:00pm at Blue’s. OK?

Gary Holmes

OK sounds like a plan.

DAVID L.
    Participant

hey Gary, waited at Blues until 5:30. maybe we can try again another day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.