cotacachi weather

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum cotacachi weather

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JOHN BURKE
    Participant

Does the sun ever shine in the highlands of Ecuador? Weather.com always has rain/clouds in Cuenca and Quito. Lived in Seattle and have a hard time with no sun

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Yes, the sun shines here quite a bit all the time. Right now it is the rainy season and we typically have beautiful sunshine in the mornings. It clouds over in the afternoon and may often start raining at about 4 or 5 pm. In the dry season, of course, we have lots more sunshine. I really don’t know which season I prefer the most — I love the cool, foggy nights.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

By the way, I don’t know where weather.com gets their info — we’ve been in Quito when the sun has been blazing yet the website always reports clouds and rain.

ANGELA SWOPE

i go to weather underground or wunderground.com. Individuals post personal weather station information on this site. It is probably closer to being more accurate than most. Unfortunately, no one in Cotacachi has a weather station report, but you can put in other towns in the country and see what the weather is like.

JOHN BURKE
    Participant

Thanks, I can’t wait to visit. Misinformation on the Internet. How can that be?

🙂

ANDREA LYMAN
    Participant

I find that most of the website weather info gives the generic overall 24-hour average. So if there is going to be 5 hours of rain or fog in the middle of the night, it shows up as being cloudy and rainy. It is true that there may be some cooler overcast for PART of the day and almost every day. BUT, there is almost always part of every day that is sunny, too. At least it’s not hot and humid in Cotacachi!! At least, not when I’ve been there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.