Cottage vs Condo

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Cottage vs Condo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    GRETCHEN SOLDAT
    Participant

I know what I personally prefer –freestanding cottage—but  in terms of using it a vacation rental for others when we’re not there—do any of you experts have an opinion? Which is easier to manage or more attractive to tourists on vacation? And what about strictly as an investment, which do you think is preferable?

Is it allowed for me to ask about a particular development:  http://www.vrbo.com/413957

So far, on my research, Canoa seems like our kind of place…

This looks like a good vacation rental with great reviews…I’ve had great luck with VRBO  in 5 out of 6 vacation rentals…thanks for your opinons!

LAWRENCE SCHULTZ
    Participant

Gretchen

My guess is that a condo would be easier from a property management situation whereby a property manager could take care of your property and take care of the rentals.

A condo would be preferable from all points of view–clean and modern for guests, easier to maintain and secure for the owner.

Hi Gretchen, I don’t know the property you’ve linked to — maybe someone else does. However, my opinion is that — renters aside — condos are the better option if you won’t live there full time. I like a place I can lock and leave. Unoccupied freestanding homes just invite intruders….unless you are in a gated community, and even those can have problems. And most of your renters will prefer the security a condo offers. That’s my opinion, in any case.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.