Cuenca Airport

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Cuenca Airport

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    STAN SMITH
    Participant

Hello Edd,
    I thought since you live in Cuenca you might be better suited to answer this question. We were in Ecuador for two weeks recently and visited Salinas, Cuenca, Cotacachi and Quito.
    Due to rain we had to bus four hours into and out of Cuenca. I guess there was an accident in which a plane skidded off a runway previous to our trip.
    So we were told, there is an issue with the surface of the runways so that if it’s raining no planes can take off or land.
    Cuenca is on my short list BUT….. Do you have any information on what they plan to do about this if anything?

Thanks
    Stan

Your information is correct, Stan. The plan announced by the government this week is that the airport will be closed soon for a few weeks to temporarily resurface the runway. Next July when our dry season begins again the runway will be replaced and lengthened. The situation has caused havoc for travelers since the incident occurred in late April. Fortunately rainfall now is minimal so most flights have been taking off and landing on schedule.

STAN SMITH
    Participant

Hello Edd,
    Thanks for the information.
    Stan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.