Cuenca Airport Closing

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Cuenca Airport Closing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Don Gardner

My wife and I are moving to Cuenca on August 5th. Our son is coming down with us and has reservations to fly back out to Quito on August 8th, the date of the airport closing. My question is: Do we need to change his flight to go out on August 7th or will any flights go out of Cuenca on August 8th? When I went online this morning, they still don’t show any disruption in service on August 8th. Any accurate updates will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Don,

My understanding is that the airport is scheduled to be closed all of August 8th. I would call your airline and ask what they recommend as I’m sure they’ll have up-to-date information on the Cuenca airport. Good luck!

The latest announcement is the airport will close between August 12 & 15. Stay tuned—–

Valerie Stocking
    Participant

Hello, I am brand new to the Ecuador Insider, and am dismayed to hear that Cuenca’s Airport is closing. Is this permanent, or is it for maintenance or improvements?

Thank you!

Valerie Stocking

Firm dates were announced just today–closing August 15-September 15 to resurface the runway.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.