Customs Questions

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Customs Questions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I intend to come over to Ecuador with “mis importantes”, things I must have to begin a life there. Initially, I’ll arrive as a Tourist, but intend to complete the residency process and stay. I’m not coming over with a load of household goods but I do want to pack some things that I’m concerned may draw attention to me. I’d prefer to avoid any hassles/duties at Customs.

Among other things, I’m a musician, so I want to be well-equipped. I’m bringing on my ukulele, but I’m not sure if some of my accessories will get through without my having to pay extra duty, which I’d like to avoid, namely:

1) a “Cube” electric pickup/speaker. About one square foot and less than 10 lbs. it’s battery powered.

2) associated cables, tuners, a microphone

3) 8″ X 24″ X 2″ portable mini-keyboard/synthesizer, about 10 lbs.

4) a portable Sony radio and CD player, less than 10 lbs (it’s high quality — used for background tracks as I play/practice)

5) about 20 CDs of music tracks for the player, including some of my own recordings, with a few DVDs as well, some music, some not

6) music books (5)

7) batteries (AA) and battery charger

8) small external hard drive and a DVD player add-on for my laptop

These are pretty much the only things I’ll be carrying of what I sense are mainstream tourist paraphrenalia. They are not likely to be easily replaced over there, and have been a part of my work/studies for a while.

Perhaps if you know of a site that posts a list of “Cans” and “Cannots” I could figure this out.

Muchas Gracias!

If this packs in your luggage and is for your personal use, you should not have any problems at all.

I’m disappointed, Suzan, it only took you 3 minutes to respond 😉

Thanks!

Give me more time and I will really disappoint you. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.