Daily Life

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

So many people ask me this question that I just wanted to get it out of the way.The water is completely safe to drink straight from the tap in Costa Rica. Water quality has been a major government initiative for decades.

Let me know if you have any further questions about living day-to-day in Costa Rica.

VADA HOPKINS

Do you have any idea about golf there and the costs for residents? My husband is a golfer and would like to have some idea we are thinking more in the area of the central valley. Glad to hear about the water. What about shopping in the smaller towns? Probably more like medium towns not really tiny. We currently live in a town of 20,000 in NV and have grocery, doctors , and Walmart. Is there anything like that?

Hi Vada,

I’m not a golfer myself but I do know the highest concentration of golf courses is in San Jose, the capital, and its suburbs, as well as the northern Pacific coast. From what I’ve heard from golfers, greens fees in general do tend to be higher than they are in the U.S. I can give you can example. The course at Hacienda Pinilla, near Tamarindo on the north Pacific coast, charges $150 for 18 holes.

Medium-sized towns, especially in the Central Valley, will have access to multiple grocery and department stores and doctors. Walmart itself can only be found in San Jose and nearby suburbs and towns. But if you live in the Central Valley, it’ll never be more than an hour away. Plus, Walmart owns a chain of similar stores called MaxiPali throughout the country.

Jason

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.