David airport

Homepage Forums Panama Insider David airport

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JOHN PARANIUK
    Participant

Jessica or whoever might know,
    I recently read an article dated sometime in 2011 that there is a process going on to allow flights to David directly from Tocumen, making the added trip to Albrook unnecessary. Is there truth to this and, if so, how is it progressing? Thanks.

Dear John,

My understanding is that there are 2x weekly flights from Tocumen to Bocas del Toro, arguably the most popular beach destination that’s most easily reached by domestic flight. Per Air Panama (I just called and checked their website…Air Panama is the only domestic airline right now) there are no other flights from Tocumen to domestic destinations. The Tocumen-Bocas flights “will be available indefinitely but this is considered a test”…i.e., there may be additional flights in the future but it will depend on the data gathered from the currently available run. If unsuccessful even the Bocas flight from Tocumen risks being cancelled. They would not tell me how long they plan to let the flights go before evaluating.

By the way: The David airport expansion has lengthened the runway in David, and it will be able to accommodate the type of larger aircraft currently being used for international flights, but none of the local sources, from the civil aviation authority to the tourism authority, have given us any concrete information with regard to international flights or new domestic flights to and from David. A lot of people ask me whether some day they’ll be able to fly from U.S. destinations straight to David, without stopping at Tocumen. I think it is a possibility but in the far future.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Jessica

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.