David Car Rental

Homepage Forums Panama Insider David Car Rental

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

My wife and I will be in Panama in January and will be visiting the Boquete area. Our plan is to fly into David and drive to Boquete. I have read some horror stories about car rentals and how some companies over charged clients on their credit cards. Can you recommend a reputable car rental company and what are the “ins and outs” with car rental insurance.

Thanks for your help!

Dear Andrew,

I can’t guarantee that you won’t have any trouble, of course, but I have never heard any horror stories from friends or acquaintances. I use National Car Rental here in Panama City and/or David and have never been overcharged (touch wood!) I always take every bit of insurance offered, despite the additional expense. Make sure you listen carefully to instructions…they’ll usually tell you in order to be covered you must call them to report any little thing, as well as reporting with traffic police immediately.

I hope you have a good experience, please share your experience if possible.

Regards,

Thanks Jessica!

We’re excited and looking forward to exploring Panama.

PLeasure. Hope you have a lovely time.

BOB SHAPLAND
    Participant

We, too had heard those horror stories before we made our trip to Panama last November. We rented from a Budget agency (not in David, but in PTY located right outside the El Panama Hotel), took many pics of the car while we were filling out the paperwork so we couldn’t be blamed for any damage that was already present. We experienced absolutely no difficulties when turning the car in and were pleased with the whole experience. Other than driving in Panama City which is exactly like the horror stories you’ll read about that! Get the GPS!

Thanks for the input Bob!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.