Day trip from Quito

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Day trip from Quito

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RAYMOND SCHWARTEN
    Participant

We will be in Quito on Friday Oct 19, Sat Oct 20 and Sun Oct 21. We would like to take a day trip to the Equator Marker, Otavalo and Cotacatchi.
    Which day would you recommend? Can you recommend a drive or service (some english preferred) ? What is the approximate cost for 2 adults?
    Are there any other sights we should try to see during this trip?
    Thanks

Ray Schwarten

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Hi Raymond, I’d definitely suggest you do the Otavalo market and Cotacachi on Saturday. Your hotel can make those arrangements for you or you can arrange it in advance through the folks at Nuevo Mundo Expeditions. Write to Julieta and/or Oswaldo (Julieta Muñoz: julieta@nuevomundoexpeditions.com or oswaldo@nuevomundoexpeditions.com) and they can help you. There are several different equator markers — one os simply a small marker that people stop and take photos with. The others are full-blow museums/theme destinations and are more popular with tourists. The larger of the two is Mitad del Mundo (Middle of the World) and, right next door, the less polished Inti Nan — you could easily do both of these in one day. I am uncertain about prices, sometimes it depends if you go with a group or individually with a driver and guide. Julieta can quote you a price and it will likely be less than your hotel price. Having said that, the larger hotels will charge far more for tours than a hostel will. In Quito, I strongly recommend you take a guided tour of Old Town — don’t miss it.

RAYMOND SCHWARTEN
    Participant

I have contacted Juileta and she said they can make the arrangements for us. She quoted a price of $125 for the day. I don’t have a problem with this price, but I do not want to set a precident for overpaying. Can you advise if this is a reasonable price for a full day (8 am to 5-6 pm).

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

That’s for the two of you? Sounds right to me…

RAYMOND SCHWARTEN
    Participant

Yes for both of us (total)
    Thanks. We have booked it.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Enjoy! I know you will….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.