Do the coffee shops, cafes and restaurants along the coast offer Free Wi-Fi ?

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Do the coffee shops, cafes and restaurants along the coast offer Free Wi-Fi ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MICHAEL R.

Hello Suzan, Wendy and Ecuador Expats

I plan to retire somewhere along coast and I enjoy surfing the internet while drinking my coffee.
    1. Do the coffee shops, cafes and restaurants along the coast offer free Wi-Fi ?
    2. Are there any towns along the coast that don’t offer Wi-Fi ?

Thanks,
    Mike Ryan
    San Diego, California

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Ummm, what coffee shops, cafes and restaurants along the coast? You’ll be lucky if they have electricity!

I am only partially kidding, of course. But please remember that most of the towns along the coast are no more than tiny fishing villages. Only in the larger cities (Salinas, Manta, Bahia de Caraquez, Puerto Lopez) and those places focused on tourism (Montanita, Canoa) will you find any real restaurant infrastructure beyond fish shacks. And in those places, you will probably find internet — certainly it will be in hotels and hostels.

WIFI is available everywhere along the coast, but you won’t necessarily find it in the restaurants in small towns. Hostels in small towns will offer it, though.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.