drive to equador?

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum drive to equador?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GLEN FUOSS

My wife is deathly afraid of flying, so I wondered if it was possible to drive to equador. I realize it would not be easy, but we are quite adventerous and could drive an SUV with minimum possessions.
    Thanks

GLEN FUOSS

never mind, already found out the answer. No!

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Hi Glen, you can drive as far as Panama but you can’t get through the Darien Gap into Colombia from there. The roads are too rough and it is too dangerous. I know someone who shipped his car from Panama to either Ecuador or Colombia (can’t remember which) — but if you did that, I am not at all sure what the importation rules are for getting your vehicle into Ecuador. I think it’s best to look for other options. Sedation? 🙂

Then again, once you get to Ecuador, what happens? She’ll never go home?

I want to change from desk top to lap top for computer needs. Is there any advantage to purchasing equipment in Ecuador or should one do that before relocating?

All imported goods, including electronics, are more expensive here because of taxes. Buy your new computer at home before relocating to Ecuador.

when are they going to open up direct flights from miami florida to manta ecuador? gecassidyrockledge@yahoo.com

George, your guess is as good as ours…there is no word about this.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.