Driver Recommendation

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Driver Recommendation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’m traveling to Quito in the middle of May with two business associates.  This is my first trip to Ecuador and I’m starting to evaluate a few towns as potential retirement locations.  Very excited!  We will all be arriving at the Quito Airport at 11:30PM.  By the time we clear customs and get our bags it will likely be after midnight.  I’m looking for recommendation for a good driver (language is no problem) to meet us at the airport and drive us to Quito.  Normally I’d take the bus to the old airport and then take a cab…but it will be very late, we’ll be exhausted…much rather hire a car and driver.

Any recommendations?

David Jackson

There are taxis at the airport you can take. That’s what I’d do. There are booths inside the airport where you tell them where you are going and they will tell you the fare. Probably $25 to $35 depending where in Quito you are going. You pay, they give you a piece of paper that you take outside and give to the guy who puts you in the first taxi in line.

Otherwise, if you really want someone there waiting for you, you can ask your hotel to arrange this for you. There is an expat with a transfer service. His name is Jack Abercrombie and his email address is journeymanjack.com@gmail.com. These last two options will cost more. 

Suzan.  Thanks for the reply.  I was concerned that at 12:230 to 1:00 AM there might not be available taxis.  If so.  Perfect.

Also, is tipping expected?

There are quite a few flights that arrive between 10.30 and 12 so there should be plenty of taxis. Tipping is not expected. Taxi drivers in Ecuador are never tipped unless they go way above and beyond for you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.