e-commerce orders to Ecuador

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum e-commerce orders to Ecuador

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JOHN SPRAGUE
    Participant

In today’s world, much of what we buy in the U.S. is purchased through e-commerce. Are these capabilities available in Ecuador? Is it possible, say to order a something through Amazon and have it shipped to Ecuador?

Yes, it seems lots of people do it. I don’t personally as there is nothing I need that I can’t get elsewhere… or I wait until my next trip to the States. But lots of people do it.

I would recommend you check out Club Correos and other mail forwarders. They give you a PO box in Miami or somewhere similar. Then you pay them a fairly high price, like five or six dollars a pound, to ship it to you and take care of customs issues. The trouble I have had is they require an invoice in each package, but for reasons beyond my understanding, they are often not able to handle the submitted invoice in their computer system. Then I have had to scramble to obtain copies and put then in a format acceptable to their computer. I would only use them for items you NEED but cannot find acceptable substitutes for in Ecuador.
    Charlie

JOHN SPRAGUE
    Participant

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.