Ecuador Conference 7/28-30/16

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Ecuador Conference 7/28-30/16

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Randall Evans
    Participant

If our flights go well, we’ll be in UIO the night of 7/26. Does anyone wish to share the names of a couple drivers for the “free” day 7/27? Perhaps an all day hire – UIO city tour / Cotacachi / ?? Or is it best to get one from our hotel? May we expect a rate of around $75-80 for the driver? We certainly have some skepticism about hiring one of the “hustlers” at the airport – although I’m sure there are some decent ones there. We just wouldn’t know who is what.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Hi Randall, you might want to contact Jack Abercrombie: journeymanjack.com@gmail.com — he is a great guy who could plan a very nice day for you. You can ask him directly about what he might charge. You can also email Oswaldo or Julieta Munoz. They are tour operators and will be at the conference and they may be putting a group together. I know they will offer a half-day tour the morning of the 28th. Email Julieta: julieta@nuevomundoexpeditions.com. And yes, an option is to hire someone through the hotel

Randall Evans
    Participant

Thanks, Suzan — Does the conference not start until mid-day on the 28th? I’ll contact both the above, and maybe another recommendation from our hotel. Do you have inside information on the number of attendees required to confirm the conference?

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

HI Randall, the conference will start at 4 PM on the 28th. Nuevo Mundo Expeditions (see Julieta’s contact info above) will offer optional tours the morning of the 28th to either Old Town Quito or the equator marking. I think they will charge $45 for these. Julieta will know for sure. (Old Town Quito is not to be missed when you visit, in my opinion — it’s fabulous.) There is no minimum number of attendees for the conference — does that answer your question?? If you have questions about the conference, you can call Donna at 866-381-8446.

Randall Evans
    Participant

Thanks, Suzan — I only asked about the attendance because of the possibility of canceling if there were insufficient attendees, mentioned when we made our reservations. Thanks for providing a name and phone#.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.