Ecuador Offshore Billfishing/Tuna Fishing Recomendations

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Ecuador Offshore Billfishing/Tuna Fishing Recomendations

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    PETER ORR
    Participant

I am interested in any knowledge about sport Billfish and Tuna Fishing off the Pacific coast of Ecuador. The few websites I see seem to charge charter prices at a US targeted rate. Fuel price is the single biggest cost of an offshore charter trip and my guess is that the in country offshore fishing rate should be low due to the low cost of fuel in Ecuador. I would be interested in getting recomendations about charter fishing in Ecuador.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Manta or Salinas are where you will find the best charter options. I’ll see if I can find some recommendations for you.

PETER ORR
    Participant

Thank you. I look forward to any and all information. My fishing window is November through March

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

I have sent emails to about 8 people and I’m sure one of them will have an answer… stay tuned!

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Hello Peter, once response so far. Contact Al in Manta and he will see if he can help you: info@mantaexpatsonline.com.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

More responses are starting to flow in:

You might contact Bill Klein, an expat who lives with his Ecuadorian wife in Manglaralto, near Olon and Montanita.
    His email is wkmiami@hotmail.com and you can also find him on Facebook. Tell him his contact info came from Leigh Frost. His phone number is 099-667-6805.

Also Montani Tours in Montanita offers fishing tours: http://montanitours.com/en/index.php

Will probably have more resources later…

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Peter, one more from you from my friend, Mike Sager: There is a guy in Salinas and his name is Sultan. Forward this link to him and hopefully Sultan will get back in touch with him. http://www.dogdaychartersecuador.com I have been out with him and he is a pretty cool guy…has a nice boat the needed gear to catch the BIG ones.

PETER ORR
    Participant

Thank you for the info. I will see you at the Fast track event in Feb!

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Great, I hope to learn more about your fishing experiences, that sounds fun!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.