Elder Care in Panama

Homepage Forums Panama Insider Elder Care in Panama

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BOB SHAPLAND
    Participant

Although I’m only 57, I’m thinking ahead.  What type of assisted living/skilled nursing home care options are there in Panama and how does the cost compare with those in the U.S.?

Dear Bob, this is a great question and though I have heard of people saying they plan to start a high-end or quality such business here in Panama, for now there are no facilities except the ones for the underprivileged and middle class or well-to-do people in Panama opt for in-home care because it is inexpensive and culturally this is the norm. I hope this is not too disappointing to you and let us know if you have more questions. In-home care, nurses, assistants, physical therapists, all are way more affordable than in the US though! But countries like Mexico are more advanced in actual elder care businesses because it has more expats/is bigger/has a longer history with this type of need.

I hope this helps, all my best
    IL Panama editor Jessica Ramesch

BOB SHAPLAND
    Participant

Gracias, Jessica. I hadn’t considered the possibility that in-home care might be a reasonable option.

Thanks for that comment, Bob. You’ve underscored what I think can be interesting about sharing info on this forum…occasionally someone may throw out a suggestion that’s outside the box of what you were thinking. Thanks again!
    Best,
    Jessica

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.