English > Spanish & Spanish > English talking translator for free!

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum English > Spanish & Spanish > English talking translator for free!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have a pocket sized multi language translator, I key in the words and it translates them, in my case to Spanish! but I have no way of knowing how to pronounce the translation, but I can show it to the persons involved.
    There is no way to replace learning the language of a host country, but there are times and situations that require a little help.
    I went to my local Best Buy store and considered several audio pocket sized translators ranging from $400 to $700, all of good quality and excellent value.
    Well getting to the point of this posting, I discovered “Google Translator” an app for free for the iPhone ( and probably Androids ) it is an excellent little app with many features that will prove to be very useful during my trip to Ecuador. The user can speak to it, or key in the phrase, and it will either show the translation or pronounce it.
    I hope this helps persons like me that are new to Spanish!

When you see what comes out of Google Translator in English when someone here types you a message in Spanish you may not be quite as excited. The app is way better than nothing but sometimes the results are—-bizarre.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.