Enter Ecuador with a 12-IX with one way ticket

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Enter Ecuador with a 12-IX with one way ticket

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have a 12-IX visa in my passport and all the paper work necessary to enter Ecuador with that visa. I told the Ecuadorian consulate in Washington D.C. that I would be leaving Ecuador by land before the 12-IX visa expires. They issued me the visa and told me there would be no problem entering Ecuador with a one way airline ticket with that itinerary, I hope that is true! I have purchased my ticket and plan on arriving in Ecuador late October. Does any one see any possible problems that might come up for me entering Ecuador with this plan? Thank you in advance for your responce

I do know of people who have done what you’re proposing and have not had issues with entry into the country. However, there is always the slightest possibility that you could run into an immigration officer who will give you a hard time. If you want to be on the safe side, you might consider booking a return flight with a company that allows free cancellation within a certain time-frame. Once you enter the country, simply cancel your return flight and your money should be refunded. I believe Orbitz gives you a 24-hour cancellation period and American Airlines used to give you two days to cancel, though I haven’t checked lately to see if that’s still the case.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.