Exercise

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

After 4 years of researching, visiting, looking for a home I’m finally moving in early Oct. to Cotacachi. My poor husband will be spending part of another Canadian winter before he permanently joins me.
    Just read Wendy’s International living postcard re gyms in a Cotacachi. What type of equipment is available? Does anyone offering yoga or Pilates? Walking/hiking groups?
    Also will be looking for Spanish lessons…any suggestions appreciated.
    I’m on countdown! Looking forward to a healthier, more restful lifestyle.

Hi Marsha,

There are two gyms here right now in Cotacachi. The one I use has various weight machines which are a little older and well-used, but they are perfectly functional and cleaned regularly. It also has three ellipticals and a stationary bike. The owner offers zumba and step aerobics classes several times per week as well. I hear the other gym has some different equipment which is maybe a little newer, but I like the owner of Vital gym where I go and he’s very involved in helping his clients meet their goals.

There are a couple of places that offer yoga and a new martial arts studio has opened where the instructor also offers conditioning classes twice a week (which I also attend).

I don’t know of any hiking/walking groups, but there are plenty of people here who like to do both so I’m sure you could find others to go with you. There’s also a group of people who go horseback riding regularly.

That’s great that you plan to be proactive about learning Spanish. In my experience you’ll have a much richer experience here if you speak the language. As for lessons, it so happens that my husband David DeChambeau is a former Naval Spanish linguist and gives lessons here in Cotacachi. You can reach him at ddechambeau@yahoo.com if you’re interested.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.