Expat hostel owner

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Expat hostel owner

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I remember reading on some IL link about an ExPat who runs a hostel in Cuenca? Do you know where I can find more info about this? Other than hostels, what are some of the other “better” hotels to stay ? Thanks

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

I think you are thinking about the Kookaburra and I believe the Australian couple who owned it have now sold it. And If you are looking for hostels in Cuenca, Edd can answer that for you. In Quito, I LOVE Hotel Andino: http://www.andinohotel.com

Bobby, what price range are you shooting for and how long will you be here?

Ed, a friend in Cuenca emailed me a name,,,Manantial Hostel,,, her description sounded good. We’re going to be in Cuenca for 3 nights (3rd,4th and 5th) prior to the conference in Quito. The price she quoted is much less than most hotels I found on Booking.com . If you know of any negatives regarding this location, I’d appreciate hearing them. Thanks, Bobby

Bobby, never heard of this place. From what I can see online, it has very basic accommodations and is not too convenient to El Centro. Both of these factors are probably why the price is cheaper.

thanks Ed,,, perhaps we’ll cross paths in Cuenca

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.